Friday, May 6, 2011

stupefied

so my dad picked me up from work with my mom.
something's different. the mood was different.
i said "hi appa!"
no response. as he drives he starts tearing.
he's trying to say something but he starts crying.
i'm shocked.
i have never seen my dad cry. NEVER.
i'm speechless. it's personal issues but i'm blogging it...
my grandparents got a divorce when i was a baby. 
before i came to canada they were done and over with.
then all of a sudden, one day a call from australia. 
it's my uncle and he says to my grandma that his father's dead.
a call came from the police to my aunt in korea. 
they said that her father died.
they don't know when or how.
he just died.
i really thought that my dad wouldn't care.
well maybe a little since it's his biological dad but i mean he hasn't seen him for such a long time i really didn't know that it would be so hard on him.
then i come to think that maybe he did care. it was his dad after all.
as soon as my dad tells us i text my sister.
she called me right away.
she asks what happened, how did they find out, when did it happen etc.
"i don't know" is all i said. we actually don't.
so here we are feeling depressed. 
a few moments ago it was all happy joy joy for me.
now i don't know what to feel.
i feel upset that my dad's crying and he lost his dad.
i feel upset seeing my dad in this state. and really it's not the best time. (more personal issues that i will not go into detail)
i have plans for tomorrow to chill with friends. i don't think i should go...i think it's best for me to stay with my family and just try to comfort my dad.
but how? 
this is new to me. i didn't have to deal with a dead family member before. 
well i did but not someone this close. not that my grandpa was close to me at all but he's still a part of the family, somewhat.
i have a responsibility as a daughter but what do i do...?

No comments: